You also have to be at least thirteen (13) to use the site, regardless of whether your parents would give you permission; if you’re under 13, go somewhere else until you’re old enough to use this site. If you continue to use the site, you represent to us that you meet these age requirements. Finally, if you do not agree with anything we explain, require, or allow, your only recourse is to not use the site and to leave. By using the site, you are agreeing to everything we state here. Derrek will come flay you alive if you don’t listen. He’s watching… beware.
Now, to help you better understand the agreement read each section that applies to your personal use of the site.
- If you apply. First of all, thanks for wanting to participate with us. We’re an active community, and it’s not much fun if people don’t participate. To protect you and us, we need you to properly introduce yourself before participating, and thus we have the character application. Your private information on this sheet will be kept confidential, will not be released to third parties without express permission and will be contained within the group. You agree to provide true, current and complete information about yourself and your email as prompted by our application form. Pretending to be someone you’re not is just not acceptable. If you provide any information that does not satisfy this provision, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect as much, we have the right to deny application and refuse any and all current or future applications. Personal association with past troublesome members can also warrant us to deny your application and future applications if we so choose. May not seem fair, but we have many members and their personal information and safety, along with the game’s well-being, come first. As stated in our rules this website and community are NOT designed for children under the age of thirteen (13), and all prospective participants must be at least seventeen (18) years of age to in order to join. If you are under these requirements do not use our web site, submit character applications or contact us by any means. If we find that you are using our web sites or services anyway, and do not meet age requirements, we are not liable for your misuse and will remove you immediately, and then proceed to ignore you like the silly and apparently illiterate person you are. Come back when you are of age to use our content.
- If you are a member. Follow the rules. Post often. Be nerdy – we love it. Have fun!
- If You Link to Us. We’re happy to have you link to us, but it’s important that we protect the Dark World RPG site. So, you may link to the site, but only to the Dark World RPG homepage or Y!Group pages. DO NOT link directly to files, images, or directories within the Dark World RPG site unless otherwise specified with express written consent.
- Don’t pirate our content, graphics, artwork, etc. In other words, don’t take anything from this site for it does not belong to you, as stated in section 1. All our content has been created for the Dark World RPG expressly, and usage of this copyrighted content elsewhere, in part or in whole, by any form or any means is illegal. Let us say it again, it is ILLEGAL. This is a community of creators, writers and artists, you wouldn’t want someone stealing your works from you, so don’t steal our works from us. Period. We take our own intellectual property rights seriously and respect the intellectual property rights of others. If we see our content in use on other sites without express rights contact will be made to cease and desist use, and legal action may occur if compliance is not met.
- Don’t troll. We and our members work hard to create content, so don’t use automated means to download data from or modify, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, link, display or in any way exploit any content from any database associated with the Dark World RPG site.
- Don’t steal our site’s bandwidth. Usage of our content is strictly prohibited as stated in section 1, and direct linking our images is a big no-no. Just don’t do it.
- Don’t solicit. No posting on the forums or emailing any members of the group unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters or any other form of solicitation. However, asking people to buy your content (such as artwork) does not count as soliciting, so long as it is your own.